Following is a description of the tuition and fees associated with enrollment at the University of Central Florida (UCF). Tuition and associated fees are required or authorized by the legislative bodies that govern UCF. Those bodies include the Florida Legislature (Florida Statutes, Chapter 1009), Florida Board of Governors (Regulations, Chapter 7) and the UCF Board of Trustees (UCF Regulations, Chapter 9). Please refer to the Current Rates webpage for current rates.
These fees are assessed per credit hour based on the level of the course:
- Tuition, Differential Tuition, Out-of-State Fee – Used to provide educational instruction and support services.
- Activity and Service Fee – Used to fund activities and services that benefit the general student body.
- Athletic Fee – Used to support UCF Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Building and Capital Improvement Fee – Used for building construction and repair.
- Distance Learning Fee – Used to develop and deliver distance learning courses.
- Financial Aid Fee – Used to provide financial aid and support services.
- Excess Credit Hours Surcharge–http://registrar.ucf.edu/excess-hours
- Health Fee – Used to fund student health services.
- Technology Fee – Used to enhance instructional technology resources.
- Transportation Access Fee – Used to fund the shuttle system and transportation infrastructure.
The following fees are assessed on a basis other than credit hours:
- Equipment Fee – Used for the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment.
- ID Service and Access Fee – Used to fund student ID card services.
- International Student Fee – Used for costs associated with reporting requirements.
- Material and Supply Fee – Used to purchase materials or supplies consumed in class.